Witches, Wizards, and yes, even Muggles, are invited to a Very Sirius Star Party the night of April 14th.
- Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018
- Time: 8 pm
- Place: Cedar Canyon Nature Park
- Who: EVERYONE! This event is FREE and OPEN to the public.
What to Expect:
There are 4 scheduled activities:
- Constellation Tour: Find out where the lion, the snake, the crow, and the dragon are – using lasers!
- Navigating By the Stars: A short night hike that teaches the usefulness of the stars.
- Telescope Viewing at the Astronomy “Tower”: See the deepest objects in space, including nebulae, stars, and even galaxies millions of light years away!
- OWLs: After the first three events, we will have a combined house quiz on astronomy. Each house will rack up points based on their astronomy know-how. Afterward, we will have a brief OWL ceremony.
What You Should Do:
Find out your house! Unfortunately, the Sorting Hat is on vacation, so you will have to come pre-sorted. If you do not yet know your house, please go to Pottermore and find out which group to go with.
Be prepared: Please dress warmly. Even in April the temperature can get chilly at night. Also, we will have chocolate available, but it’s first come first serve, so be prepared and make sure you don’t leave yourself an easy target for dementors.
Practice for your OWLs by going to SUSF’s Facebook page periodically and answering the practice astronomy questions.